March 17, 2011 Started cabbage and brussel sprouts. Harvested 3 full colanders of spinach.
March 1, 2011 Transplanted collards and cauliflower to newspaper pots. Started onions.
February 28, 2011 Transplanted brocolli to paper pots
Feb 12, 2011- What's Growing?
All the seeds have sprouted. They seem to be going good.
Expenses so far:
Poultry Netting 115.50
Hardware for the garden gate 39.36
Union Spading Ford 19.99
Garden Spade 9.99
Concrete mix 19.95
Onion Sets 3.00
Seed Potatoes (15 pounds) 9.00
Cabbage and Brussel Sprout seeds 3.18
Suburban- flats 3.42
Lowe's- seeds, washers, nuts 28.72
Lowe's- lights for seed rack 99.96
Lowe's soil 8.52
Walmart- soil 7.71
Spinach in the cold frame is growing, but it seems to grow much slower than the stuff I planted outside last fall.
February 5, 2011- What's Growing?
1. Swiss Chard:Neon Lights Mix from Burpee (rainbow colors)- 20 cells
2. Broccoli Di Ciccio from Burpee- organic - 24 cells
3. Cauliflower- Summer Harvest Hybrid from Burpee - 20 cells
4. Collards- Georgia from Burpee - 20 cells
5. Lettuce- Vivian Romaine from Burpee - 20 cells
Spinach in cold frame is sprouted and growing well.